The application round has closed and we have filled this position! Does the idea of working for fair, sustainable and joyful social transformation in Pittsburgh together with a global community light you up? Then join the Untitled team. Apply by the end of Tuesday the 16th of November.
Untitled is a community and space for social imagination and experimentation to bring out the next era after the societal crisis. Untitled invites pioneering thinkers and doers to come together to reimagine the society, to form unlikely alliances and to initiate real-world experiments together.
Untitled is now looking to connect with nonprofit organizations, community and grassroots groups in the greater Pittsburgh area to collaborate together and with the Untitled Alliance. We are looking for a diverse group of people who are pushing an agenda of social change, and would benefit from getting involved with progressive peers across the world. Working in partnership with Sustainable Pittsburgh, the 6 month program will be a mix of collaborative working with Pittsburgh-based actors and linking their work with the global Untitled community.
In order for this to happen, the Untitled team is looking for a colleague to support the day-to-day activities of organizing a community in Pittsburgh. This would include engaging with local grassroots and community-based groups and nonprofits, coordinating Untitled activities in the area, and connecting different Alliance members.
Role & Key Responsibilities
The role of the Project Manager of the Untitled Pittsburgh Partnership Project (UP3) is to ensure smooth provision of the duties and administrative support to the Untitled team.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Community management: identifying, engaging with, and coordinating with a group of nonprofits and grassroots groups in the Pittsburgh area and connecting them to global Untitled Alliance members.
- Event coordination: planning, managing and marketing events related to the project.
- Facilitation of project strands: create a comfortable, accessible environment for exchange of ideas and opinions by running workshops/meetings and reporting on these to key stakeholders and wider audience.
- Project coordination: working collaboratively with team members across the consortium to support the management of the project.
Given the complexity of the role, the coordinator will need to be highly organized, with an ability to navigate complex team structures and maintain a focus on the overarching outcomes of the project. Ability to operate at different levels is essential – whether local, global and in different environments that span individual, organizational, informal and formal.
- Demonstrable self-motivation and the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Proven ability to work effectively with teams.
- Confidence in communicating with a wide range of people.
- Highly organized with the ability to maintain a detailed overview of all aspects of the project and support partners to effectively deliver activities on time.
- Well-developed IT skills, specifically confidence in using Google’s G Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively build and develop relationships with a wide range of people in different sectors.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to be flexible, respond quickly to changing demands, effectively prioritise and meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong network with civic, nonprofit, and community engaged actors or organizations in the Pittsburgh area
- Have the ability to engage and motivate others and generate a working culture among partners which supports creativity, positivity and innovation.
- Proven ability to research, understand, assimilate and effectively communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to lead project work effectively.
- Outstanding and innovative communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex ideas in a creative, articulate and confident way and to adapt language to varied audiences.
What would it be like to work on Untitled?
Our ethos of fighting for a fair, sustainable, and joyful next era is visible every day. We approach societal change pluralistically – we encourage open discussions to avoid simple truths. You will be working with an international group of brilliantly curious and challenging people at Sustainable Pittsburgh, the Untitled Team and beyond.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, a place where we can all be ourselves. We commit to treating each other with dignity and respect and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Salary and Benefits
This is a six-month, part time, non-exempt position. This position is offered at a wage of $31.50/hour for an estimated 16 hours/week.
Position will be open until filled. Applications encouraged by November 16, 11:59 pm. We seek a candidate who is interested in sustainability, social transformation, and familiar with groups working on social equity and sustainability in the greater Pittsburgh area, and who is willing to work with a transnational network of change agents!
Applications consisting of a cover letter and resume can be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application please
- mention when you would be available for starting the work (we are flexible)
- how you got to know about this open position