Untitled Companionship is an infrastructure of care, joy and push for those wanting to change the system through imagination and experimentation. The companionship will offer peer support and collaboration to strengthen each other and our work. It is for people who work in realms where there are no best practices or referee articles available. Companions provide each other with a safe haven to develop their avant-garde thinking and projects in a critical yet playful company.
The program is gentle in order to help us be brave. Untitled Companionship is a mixture of self-organized work and carefully curated interactions: House Meetings and New Narrative Groups.
Applications for the 2021 Companionship Programme are now closed.
Purpose : Help to see the connections between your work and large scale social change, Engage in the community, overcome silos and find allies in your mission. A different topic will be explored at each session.
Meetings are a curated combination of arts, embodied exercises, provocations, conversations and peer support and evaluation. Organized by the Untitled team together with different members each time.
Intensity: Online once every 1 to 2 months, five times in 2021.
- The First House Meeting will take place on Thursday 6th May at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm UTC
- The Second House Meeting is on Thursday 10th June at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm UTC
New Narrative Groups
Purpose : To connect people who want to work on similar topics and who aim to change the discourse through a new narrative and operationalization.
New Narrative groups are a self-organized yet methodological meetings of 3-10 companions focusing on and deepening one topic . You will complete an analysis of what the narrative is of your chosen topic, have methods for creating new narratives, as well as developing projects that help shift the narrative. The groups will produce an output (s): articles, festival inputs, creative outputs, project plans or initiated projects.
Intensity: Meet a minimum of three times, and as often as the group wants. Self-organized with additional support from the Untitled team.
You should consider becoming an Untitled Companion if …
- Your work has not tried and tested solutions, models or best practices
- You are eager to transform your sector
- You seek to increase the legitimacy of your work
- You are usually the one providing outputs (and now yearning for input)
- You could use peer-support, -care and -accountability
- You want to support others by sharing perspectives and networks
- You allow yourself to be playful, too
- You are keen to create new, joyful narratives of transformation
- You can commit to meet with your companions of transformation once every two months and organize one of those meetings yourself
- You are willing to turn the conversations into an output: eg festival program, a creative output, a text, a project